Position: Mortgage Loan Production Partner
Reports to: Sr. Loan Officer
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: Remote or in-office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unfortunately, too many mortgage corporations operate under the “MUSHROOM MORTGAGE” approach – they keep their employees in the dark and expect them to grow.
Mortgage executives and the companies they run seldom value people over the bottom line. Their lack of transparency and authenticity ultimately leads to a complete loss of trust from their teammates.
To commoditize a human being, make them feel incapable of making good decisions, and force them to work in a relationship void of support, honesty, and a path forward is just plain WRONG.
NEO Home Loans Is Different
NEO Home Loans is the new expectation of what a mortgage company should be. We’ve worked for companies with no integrity, where we were managed to the lowest common denominator, and we know what it feels like when corporations do not seek input from their teammates.
It’s our ethos to foster open and honest communication. We treat our teammates as adults and provide responsible autonomy for them to make good decisions and further their careers. We believe you should always be cultivating new skills and growing toward your ultimate potential.
Our Recruiting Process
We believe in hiring exceptional people above all else. Here’s our process.
- We seek individuals who we believe will align with our culture and who possess the skills necessary to succeed
- We conduct peer panel interviews where we get to know your story and learn about your goals
- You meet with leadership to hear the NEO Home Loans vision and process for creating successful homeowners
- You review our compensation plan, which is designed to naturally scale with market fluctuations
This position is for a Mortgage Loan Production Partner who would enjoy supporting a Sr. Loan Officer who has more business than they can handle on their own. You would be working closely with a top-caliber loan officer, with many years of lending experience, to assist them in talking with and pre-approving borrowers, gathering and analyzing loan documents, running AUS, sending eDisclosures, and submitting files to processing and underwriting.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes financial and other data required to complete loan file
- Evaluates loan applications for pre-approval
- Reviews files for completeness
- Obtains documentation needed to issue pre-approval
- Submits approved files to processing/underwriting teams
- Works with processing/underwriting teams to clear conditions
- Prioritizes workflow so loans close on time
- Provides excellent customer service to borrowers, loan officers, vendors, and other interested parties
Non-essential job functions
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts NEO Home Loans’ values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by committing to continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity, and fun
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Conventional loan requirements
- Solid knowledge and understanding of State and Federal real estate lending regulations
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Encompass loan processing software systems
- Solid knowledge and understanding of desktop underwriting programs
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the mortgage industry
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting income and asset data
- Demonstrated experience using available information to make sound business decisions
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail, written and oral communication skills, and ability to work in a team atmosphere while adhering to closing deadlines
- In-office and remote positions available
The NEO Difference
Making the decision to join our team means you are joining a tribe that will encourage you to grow, push your own personal boundaries, and ultimately a team that will have gratitude for your contributions.
Life is short. We want to be the long-term career solution and not the short-term fix that will ultimately leave you disheartened and dissatisfied. We look forward to helping you grow!